Thursday, August 24, 2006

Its not social network philanthropy...

... has been the most common response to the posting I did on the Voices and Choices Program.

Some sample comments:
"Its just a needs assessment."
"Nothing more than an online town meeting."
"Its not social network philanthropy"

OK. I don't disagree, although I was giving credit to the funders consortium behind the site and the project for 'networking' themselves and sharing opinions, data etc. in a way that influenced their actions. Maybe I was too generous. So, I'll ask again, does anyone know of any real social networking philanthropy sites? (FreePledge was suggested - but, frankly, I don't get it.)

1 comment:

Haney Armstrong said...

Hey there Lucy. Would this project meet the definition?

http://www.omidyar.net/group/cfp/